Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Old Road (or White Horse) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near an early family cemetery one mile east of White Horse, Lancaster County, PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the Lancaster Conference. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76618.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76618.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 49. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.