From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:10, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Old Road (or White Horse) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near an early family cemetery one mile east of White Horse, Lancaster County, PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the Lancaster Conference. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.



Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 6 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=59817.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=59817.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 49. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.