From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Old Road (or <em>White Horse</em>) Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), located near an early family [[Cemeteries|cemetery]] one mile east of White Horse, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]]. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.
 
Old Road (or <em>White Horse</em>) Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), located near an early family [[Cemeteries|cemetery]] one mile east of White Horse, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]]. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 49|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 49|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013

Old Road (or White Horse) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near an early family cemetery one mile east of White Horse, Lancaster County, PA, is a part of the Hershey circuit of the Lancaster Conference. Until 1841 the congregation met for worship in private homes and in the Pequea Presbyterian church. In 1841 a stone meetinghouse was built along the Old Philadelphia Pike. In 1892 a frame building farther from the road and larger replaced it. This meetinghouse was remodeled in 1947. In the mid-1950s, Martin R. Hershey and Sanford E. Hershey were the ministers, and Clair Eby bishop. The membership in 1957 was 104.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76618.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Old Road Mennonite Church (White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Road_Mennonite_Church_(White_Horse,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76618.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 49. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.