From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Old Elm Hutterite Bruderhof at Magrath, Alberta, was founded in 1918 by Andreas Gross, who had been chosen as minister in South Dakota in 1911 (now deceased). Other ministers, with date of election and ordination, were Andrew J. Wurtz, 1936 and 1946; Jacob J. Wipf, 1947 and 1950; Isaak A. Wurtz, chosen in 1954. In 1947 this Bruderhof had a population of 140, with 60 baptized members. In 1953 Jacob J. Wipf branched out with 16 families, composed of 82 persons, 38 of whom were baptized members, and founded the Bunch Bruderhof at Shaunavan, SK, which in the mid-1950s had a population of 97, with 48 baptized members. Samuel Decker was chosen as minister here in 1954. The Old Elm Bruderhof in 1957 had a population of 100, with 38 baptized members.


Author(s) David Decker
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David. "Old Elm Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Elm_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=76610.

APA style

Decker, David. (1959). Old Elm Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Elm_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=76610.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 42. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.