From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:26, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Old Colony Mennonite Church (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) in the Virgil area was founded in 1991. In 1994 they purchased the building formerly owned by Niagara Christian Fellowship, a Mennonite Brethren congregation, seating 300.

In 2010 the congregation was led by Aeltester Herman Bergen and had services in both Low German and High German. Membership was approximately 200.

Bibliography

Dyck, Peter and Henry Friesen. "Old Colony Mennonite Church of Ontario" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 163-167.

Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012. http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/index/cms-filesystem-action/pdfs/german-cdn/101217-1.pdf.

Additional Information

Address: 1204 Concession 2 Road, Niagara On the Lake, ON L0S 1J0

Telephone: 905-468-1620


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published February 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Virgil, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Virgil,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=83737.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Virgil, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Virgil,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=83737.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.