From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Old Colony Mennonite (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) congregation at Reinfeld, Manitoba traces its beginning to 1936 with the reorganization of Old Colony Mennonites who had not migrated to Mexico or those who had recently returned from Mexico. In 1957 the former school in Reinfeld was remodeled into a church and dedicated on 29 September 1957.

In 2010 the congregation's service was in Low German and the church was led by Aeltester Peter Elias.

The congregation is part of the Old Colony Mennonite Church of Manitoba.

[edit] Bibliography

Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012. http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/index/cms-filesystem-action/pdfs/german-cdn/101217-1.pdf.

Rempel, Abraham E. "Old Colony Mennonite Church in Manitoba" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 139-141.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 5 Reinfeld Street South, Reinfeld MB

Telephone: 204-325-7278


Author(s) Alf Redekopp
Date Published March 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Redekopp, Alf. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Reinfeld, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Reinfeld,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=76605.

APA style

Redekopp, Alf. (March 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Reinfeld, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Reinfeld,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=76605.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.