From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Old Colony Mennonite congregation at New Liskeard, ON has dissolved; it was affiliated with the Old Colony Mennonites. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services about 1957. The congregation originated through immigration from Mexico and Peace River. It is not clear if the group ever settled in New Liskeard or if it only made plans to do so.

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (10 August 1956): 1; (1 December 1957): 1; (10 January 1958): 1.

Gospel Herald (31 December 1957): 1144.

Fransen, J. J. "Matheson and New Liskeard." United Mennonite Conference of Ontario Yearbook. (1957): 20.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1987


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (New Liskeard, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1987. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(New_Liskeard,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76603.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1987). Old Colony Mennonite Church (New Liskeard, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(New_Liskeard,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76603.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.