From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Old Colony Mennonites began moving to the Hague-Osler area of Saskatchewan in the early 1890s. A number of families settled in the village of Neuhorst, located north of Saskatoon between the villages of Langham and Osler and south of Neuanlage. They first began holding church services in Neuhorst in the home of David Braun Sr. A church building was built here in 1907 and dedicated on 17 November 1907. The church was served by the elder and ministers of the Hague Osler Old Colony Mennonite Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Doell, Leonhard. "Hague Osler Old Colony Mennonite Church." In Old Colony Mennonites in Canada: 1875 to 2000, ed. by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, 2001: 142-151.

Driedger, Leo. "Mennonite Change: The Old Colony Revisited, 1955-1977." Mennonite Life 32:4 (December 1977).


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published December 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Neuhorst, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2008. Web. 21 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Neuhorst,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=76602.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2008). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Neuhorst, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Neuhorst,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=76602.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.