From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Old Colony Mennonite congregation at Cecil Lake, British Columbia, began services in 1958. The congregation originated through colonization from Saskatchewan and Cheslatta, BC. The group was very conservative. Unlike other Old Colony Mennonite congregations in Canada, the church did not allow cars or government pensions. The congregation was part of the Old Colony Mennonite Church. The language of worship was German.

In a 2008 publication it was reported that the church had recently dissolved.

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (8 May 1959): 1.

Mennonite Reporter (30 September 1974): 9.

Driedger, Leo. "Mennonite Change: the Old Colony Revisited, 1955-1977." Mennonite Life 32:4 (December 1977).

Reimer, Margaret L. One Quilt, Many Pieces. Waterloo, ON: Mennonite Publishing Service, 1983: 42.

Reimer, Margaret Loewen. One Quilt Many Pieces: A Guide to Mennonite Groups in Canada. Waterloo, ON and Scottdale, PA: Herald Press, 2008: 76.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Cecil Lake, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Cecil_Lake,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=76591.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Cecil Lake, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Cecil_Lake,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=76591.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.