From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:10, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital, located in the Molotschna Mennonite settlement, Russia, was established by the heirs of H. H. Reimer in 1910. The first doctors were Fink (Dorpat University), Gerhard D. Dürksen (Odessa University), and J. J. Isaak (Medical School at St. Petersburg). The manager was H. D. Günther. The report for the year 1912 listed the following doctors in service: O. Pinker, P. Dück, and Gerhard G. Dürksen. During that year, 467 patients were treated and the average number of patients in the hospital at one time was 17. Some of the nurses received their training at Morija. After the Revolution, the hospital was nationalized.


Bibliography

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga." 1911: 58.

Mennonitisches Jahrbuch (Gnadenfeld, 1913): 172.



Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital (Molotschna Colony, South Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ohrloff_Mennonite_Hospital_(Molotschna_Colony,_South_Russia)&oldid=59780.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital (Molotschna Colony, South Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ohrloff_Mennonite_Hospital_(Molotschna_Colony,_South_Russia)&oldid=59780.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 32. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.