From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:53, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Oak Shade Mennonite Church, located in the Baptist Chapel, Kirkwood, Route 1, Lancaster County, PA, was opened by the Mennonites (Mennonite Church) in 1923, with Abram L. Huber in charge. The results among the Scottish-Irish here were somewhat disappointing and the work closed in late 1930. But when more Mennonites moved into southern Lancaster County it was reopened on 14 May 1933. In 1957 the membership was 35. It is the southern end of the Jacob L. Harnish Bishop District. Ray S. Yost and Mervin A. Good were the ministers.

Bibliography


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Oak Shade Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oak_Shade_Mennonite_Church_(Quarryville,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76517.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Oak Shade Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oak_Shade_Mennonite_Church_(Quarryville,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76517.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 2. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.