From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The North Spirit Lake congregation began services and formally organized in 1957. The first building was occupied in 1957. The congregation originated through outreach by Northern Light Gospel Mission.

In 1965 there were 2 members; in 1975, 14; in 1985, 7; in 1995, 14. The congregation has been affiliated with the Christian Anishinabec Fellowship (formerly known as Northern Light Gospel Mission and Native Mennonite Conference) since 1957. The languages of worship are Ojibway and English.

The congregation is located at General Delivery, North Spirit Lake, P0V 2G0. Licensed Minister Johnny Rae served in 1997 as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "North Spirit Lake Church (North Spirit Lake, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Spirit_Lake_Church_(North_Spirit_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76452.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). North Spirit Lake Church (North Spirit Lake, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Spirit_Lake_Church_(North_Spirit_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76452.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.