From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:53, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The North Goshen Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 510 North Eighth Street, Goshen, Indiana, is a member of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. It was an outgrowth of Sunday school work begun by the Goshen College YPCA as early as 1915. In 1936 an abandoned Baptist church near Wayland, Iowa, was hauled to Goshen, rebuilt, and dedicated in May 1937. This building has since been enlarged several times. Paul Mininger was pastor of the congregation when it became independent from the Goshen College Mennonite Church in 1942. The membership in 1957 was 328, with Paul Mininger serving as bishop, and Russell Krabill as bishop-pastor. John C. Wenger also served the congregation as deacon and minister prior to 1951.

Additional Information

North Goshen Mennonite Church website


Author(s) Russell Krabill
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krabill, Russell. "North Goshen Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Goshen_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=76437.

APA style

Krabill, Russell. (1957). North Goshen Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Goshen_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=76437.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.