From GAMEO
Revision as of 09:30, 20 January 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Noordoostpolder (Northeast Polder), an area of 128,520 acres of fertile arable land, was reclaimed from the Zuiderzee, Netherlands, in 1940. On 23 January 1948 the Mennonites living there formed a Kring (circle), which in 1953 became an independent congregation. Services were held biweekly in a rented hall at Emmeloord. H. H. Gaaikema, the pastor of the Harlingen congregation, had charge of this congregation. The baptized membership in 1955 was 41, and in 1957 it was 60.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Noordoostpolder (Flevoland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Noordoostpolder_(Flevoland,_Netherlands)&oldid=108997.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1957). Noordoostpolder (Flevoland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Noordoostpolder_(Flevoland,_Netherlands)&oldid=108997.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.