From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Niverville Chortitzer congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized as a separate congregation in 1975. Gerhard Wiebe is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Bergthaler Mennonite Church.

In 1963 the congregation experienced a split which brought into being the Word of Life Mission Church of Niverville.

In 1975 there were 170 members; in 1985, 235. The congregation has been affiliated with the Chortitzer Mennonite Church. The language of worship is German and English; the transition from German occurred in the 1970s.

Box 369, Niverville, MB, R0A 1E0. Located at 99 1st Street South. Minister Bernhard W. Hiebert served in the 1980s as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 2001 Jake Doerksen served as the pastoral leader.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius and Marlene Epp. "Niverville Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Niverville, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Niverville_Chortitzer_Mennonite_Church_(Niverville,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=76393.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Niverville Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Niverville, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Niverville_Chortitzer_Mennonite_Church_(Niverville,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=76393.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.