From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ninga Mennonite congregation in Manitoba began services in 1931, and formally organized in 1951. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. It was part of the Whitewater group of churches. It amalgamated with Whitewater when a new church was constructed at Boissevain in 1960. Five families also joined the Killarney Mennonite Church.

The group met in a rented church. Abram J. Neufeld served as the last congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1960. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.

[edit] Bibliography

History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, Boissevain, Manitoba 1927-1987. 1987.

Neufeld, G. G. Die Geschichte der Whitewater Mennoniten Gemeinde in Manitoba, Canada 1925-1965. Altona: D. W. Friesen, 1967.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Ninga Mennonite Church (Ninga, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ninga_Mennonite_Church_(Ninga,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=104132.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Ninga Mennonite Church (Ninga, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ninga_Mennonite_Church_(Ninga,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=104132.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.