From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Newton Bible Church had its beginning when, on 4 April 1955, the following request with 28 signatures came to the board of deacons of the First Mennonite Church of Newton: "Having felt a definite need for an interdenominational church in Newton, we the undersigned now would like to ask for our church letters so that we might unite as the Newton Bible Church." This request was granted. In 1957 the newly organized church worshiped at 900 Old Main Street and had Lawrence Friesen as pastor.


Author(s) Arnold Epp
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Arnold. "Newton Bible Church (Newton, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Jun 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newton_Bible_Church_(Newton,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=76282.

APA style

Epp, Arnold. (1957). Newton Bible Church (Newton, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 June 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newton_Bible_Church_(Newton,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=76282.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 868. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.