From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The New Providence Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located at 121 Main St., New Providence in [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. By 1766 it had a log meetinghouse for the Groff, [[Eshleman family|Eshleman]], Herr, [[Funk (Funck) family|Funk]], [[Brubacher (Brubacker, Brubaker, Brubaher, Brupacher) family |Brubaker]], and Gochenauer families who had settled there. Johannes Bowman served them early as preacher. The Strasburg ministers helped them at first. In 1882 they built the Mechanic Grove meetinghouse for their southern constituency. Jacob T. Harnish as bishop, Abram D. Metzler and A. Clyde Hostetter as ministers served this congregation of 137 members in 1956. In 2006 there were 67 members.
 
The New Providence Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located at 121 Main St., New Providence in [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. By 1766 it had a log meetinghouse for the Groff, [[Eshleman family|Eshleman]], Herr, [[Funk (Funck) family|Funk]], [[Brubacher (Brubacker, Brubaker, Brubaher, Brupacher) family |Brubaker]], and Gochenauer families who had settled there. Johannes Bowman served them early as preacher. The Strasburg ministers helped them at first. In 1882 they built the Mechanic Grove meetinghouse for their southern constituency. Jacob T. Harnish as bishop, Abram D. Metzler and A. Clyde Hostetter as ministers served this congregation of 137 members in 1956. In 2006 there were 67 members.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 121 Main St, New Providence, PA 17560
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 121 Main St, New Providence, PA 17560
  
 
<strong>Telephone</strong>: 717-786-4233
 
<strong>Telephone</strong>: 717-786-4233
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 863|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 863|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:52, 20 August 2013

The New Providence Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located at 121 Main St., New Providence in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. By 1766 it had a log meetinghouse for the Groff, Eshleman, Herr, Funk, Brubaker, and Gochenauer families who had settled there. Johannes Bowman served them early as preacher. The Strasburg ministers helped them at first. In 1882 they built the Mechanic Grove meetinghouse for their southern constituency. Jacob T. Harnish as bishop, Abram D. Metzler and A. Clyde Hostetter as ministers served this congregation of 137 members in 1956. In 2006 there were 67 members.

Additional Information

Address: 121 Main St, New Providence, PA 17560

Telephone: 717-786-4233


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "New Providence Mennonite Church (New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Providence_Mennonite_Church_(New_Providence,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76256.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). New Providence Mennonite Church (New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Providence_Mennonite_Church_(New_Providence,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76256.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 863. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.