From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

48 Queen St. E., Cambridge, ON, N3C 2E8. 519-220-1857.  Pastor Peter Olsen served in 2002 as a congregational leader. In 1925 there were 49 members; in 1950, 68; in 1975, 54; in 1985, 65; in 2000, 51. The congregation affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ in 1895 and now is part of the Evangelical Missionary Church. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services in 1895, and formally organized in 1898. The first building was occupied in 1902. The congregation originated through division from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario over revivalism.

The congregation was originally known as Hespeler Missionary Church. It changed in name about 2001 when it met in a new location.


Author(s) Ernest Lucas
Sam Steiner
Date Published January 1996


Cite This Article

MLA style

Lucas, Ernest and Sam Steiner. "New Hope Community Church (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1996. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hope_Community_Church_(Cambridge,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88027.

APA style

Lucas, Ernest and Sam Steiner. (January 1996). New Hope Community Church (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hope_Community_Church_(Cambridge,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88027.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 718. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.