From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:52, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The New Holland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in eastern Lancaster County at 18 Western Ave., New Holland, Pennsylvania, was organized for a number of retired farmers and nearby farmers from the Weaverland, Groffdale, and Hershey congregations. In 1910-1922 services were held in the Methodist church, with Noah H. Mack as minister. In 1922 a large meetinghouse was built in the town. Noah Sauder was the first local minister, ordained 20 December 1923. By the mid-1950s six ordinations had been held. Mahlon Witmer as bishop, and Noah N. Sauder and James H. Martin as ministers served a congregation of 258 members in 1956. In 2002 there were 131 members.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Holland_Mennonite_Church_(New_Holland,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76242.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Holland_Mennonite_Church_(New_Holland,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76242.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 862. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.