New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 07:24, 25 November 2013 by RichardThiessen (talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

New Holland Mennonite Church, New Holland, PA
Source: Church website

The New Holland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in eastern Lancaster County in New Holland, Pennsylvania, was organized for a number of retired farmers and nearby farmers from the Weaverland, Groffdale, and Hershey congregations. In 1910-1922 services were held in the Methodist church, with Noah H. Mack as minister. In 1922 a large meetinghouse was built in the town. Noah Sauder was the first local minister, ordained 20 December 1923. By the mid-1950s six ordinations had been held. Mahlon Witmer as bishop, and Noah N. Sauder and James H. Martin as ministers served a congregation of 258 members in 1956.

In 2002 there were 131 members.

Additional Information

Address: 18 Western Avenue, New Holland, PA 17557

Phone: 717-354-0602


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Holland_Mennonite_Church_(New_Holland,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=104141.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Holland_Mennonite_Church_(New_Holland,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=104141.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 862. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.