From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:52, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

New Elm Springs Hutterite Bruderhof, near Magrath, Alberta, was founded in 1918 as a relocation of the New Elm Spring Bruderhof near Ethan, South Dakota, who sold all their land and bought the New Elm site. Their preachers in the early decades were Johann P. Entz, chosen in 1923, and Jakob J. Waldner, chosen a few years later. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 107, with 40 baptized members.

In 2012 the New Elm Spring Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony. The minister was Peter Entz and the manager was Edward Entz.

Additional Information

Location: Magrath, Alberta (coordinates: 49.296389, -112.873056  [49° 17' 47" N, 112° 25' 23" W])

Address: Box 130, Magrath, AB T0K 1J0

Telephone: 403-758-3255

 


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published June 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "New Elm Springs Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2013. Web. 22 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Elm_Springs_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=76233.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (June 2013). New Elm Springs Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Elm_Springs_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=76233.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 861. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.