From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The New Danville [[Reformed Mennonite Church|Reformed Mennonite Church]] is located five miles (eight km) south of [[Lancaster (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster]], Pennsylvania. The meetinghouse was built in 1837, and was known as the Stumptown church. It was organized under the leadership of Bishop Abram Snavely, one of the first ministers in that district. This frame building was used for many decades. Other ministers who served the congregation were John Kohr, Sr., Elias H. Hershey, John Kohr, Jr., Henry Fisher, Levi Weaver, and Christian Howry. The ministers of this group were not assigned to one particular meetinghouse, but alternated in the churches in the county. Likewise the members attended the meetings wherever they were held; it is therefore hard to give exact membership figures for that time. In the 1950s the alternating ministers were Jacob L. Kreider, J. Henry Fisher, Clyde Weaver, Ray Eshleman, Willis Weaver, and Earl M. Basinger. The total Reformed Mennonite membership in [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]] was about 300 in 1948.                                            
+
The New Danville [[Reformed Mennonite Church|Reformed Mennonite Church]] is located five miles (eight km) south of [[Lancaster (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster]], Pennsylvania. The meetinghouse was built in 1837, and was known as the Stumptown church. It was organized under the leadership of Bishop Abram Snavely, one of the first ministers in that district. This frame building was used for many decades. Other ministers who served the congregation were John Kohr, Sr., Elias H. Hershey, John Kohr, Jr., Henry Fisher, Levi Weaver, and Christian Howry. The ministers of this group were not assigned to one particular meetinghouse, but alternated in the churches in the county. Likewise the members attended the meetings wherever they were held; it is therefore hard to give exact membership figures for that time. In the 1950s the alternating ministers were Jacob L. Kreider, J. Henry Fisher, Clyde Weaver, Ray Eshleman, Willis Weaver, and Earl M. Basinger. The total Reformed Mennonite membership in [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]] was about 300 in 1948.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 861|date=1957|a1_last=Kreider|a1_first=Jacob L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 861|date=1957|a1_last=Kreider|a1_first=Jacob L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:52, 20 August 2013

The New Danville Reformed Mennonite Church is located five miles (eight km) south of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The meetinghouse was built in 1837, and was known as the Stumptown church. It was organized under the leadership of Bishop Abram Snavely, one of the first ministers in that district. This frame building was used for many decades. Other ministers who served the congregation were John Kohr, Sr., Elias H. Hershey, John Kohr, Jr., Henry Fisher, Levi Weaver, and Christian Howry. The ministers of this group were not assigned to one particular meetinghouse, but alternated in the churches in the county. Likewise the members attended the meetings wherever they were held; it is therefore hard to give exact membership figures for that time. In the 1950s the alternating ministers were Jacob L. Kreider, J. Henry Fisher, Clyde Weaver, Ray Eshleman, Willis Weaver, and Earl M. Basinger. The total Reformed Mennonite membership in Lancaster County was about 300 in 1948.


Author(s) Jacob L Kreider
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Kreider, Jacob L. "New Danville Reformed Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 11 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Danville_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76231.

APA style

Kreider, Jacob L. (1957). New Danville Reformed Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Danville_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76231.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 861. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.