Neunhuben (also known as Dziewięćwłók, Bahrenhof; now known as Dziewięć Włók); coordinates: 53.441476 N, 18.646517 E [53° 26' N, 18° 38' E]; population in 1905, 99), a village in the Polish district of Schwetz, west of the Vistula River, was in 1659 ff. settled by Dutch colonists who may have been Mennonites. In the course of time they all left this area on account of repeated floods. Then in 1745 the village was bought by a number of Mennonite farmers from the neighboring villages of Montau, Schönsee, and others. In the land leases of Neunhuben the following Mennonite names are found: Kopper, Rosenfeldt, Goerz, Klieuwer, Bartel, and Geddert. The Mennonites of Neunhuben belonged to the Montau congregation.
"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 29 September 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 219.
Wiebe, H. Das Siedlungswerk der niederländischen Mennoniten im Weichseltal. Marburg a.d. Lahn, 1952: 25 f, 59 note 23, 100-104.
|Author(s)||Nanne van der Zijpp|
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||September 2012|
Cite This Article
Zijpp, Nanne van der and Richard D. Thiessen. "Neunhuben (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2012. Web. 22 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neunhuben_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=110826.
Zijpp, Nanne van der and Richard D. Thiessen. (September 2012). Neunhuben (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neunhuben_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=110826.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.