From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:51, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Neukirch Mennonite Church in the Molotschna Mennonite settlement, Ukraine, was organized in 1863. A church building was erected in 1865. Heinrich Harder was the first leader of the congregation. Originally the church was associated with the Orloff Mennonite Church and was under the spiritual guidance of Elder Abraham Görz. When and to what an extent this congregation became independent is not quite definite. In 1905, in addition to the two leading ministers, the congregation was served by Cornelius Fast, Abraham Harder, Jacob Thiessen, Gerhard Epp, Jacob Wiens, and Abraham Dück. At that time the congregation had a membership of 402 and a total population of 890. Little is known about the later development of the congregation.

Bibliography

Dirks, Heinrich. Statistik der Mennonitengemeinden in Russland Ende 1905 (Anhang zum Mennonitischen Jahrbuche 1904/05). Gnadenfeld: Dirks, 1905: 16, 62.

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 703 f.

Neuer Haus- und Landwirtschafts-Kalender für deutsche Ansiedler im südlichen Russland (1911): 111.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Neukirch Mennonite Church (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neukirch_Mennonite_Church_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=76199.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Neukirch Mennonite Church (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neukirch_Mennonite_Church_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=76199.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 852. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.