Neuf-Brisach (German, Neubreisach), is a village in department Haut-Rhin, Alsace, 10 miles (16 km) east of Colmar, on the bank of the Rhine, opposite the German town of Breisach. It was the seat of a Mennonite congregation, which in 1950 numbered 65 baptized members and 43 children. The congregation was formed by a group of members of the Colmar congregation which at first met at Wolfganzen. Benjamin Peterschmitt, an elder at Colmar from 1891, was their first elder, serving until 1932. In the 1950s the elder was Jean Peterschmitt, of Rheinfelderhof, where most members of the congregation, nearly all of whom were farmers, were living, and where the school of the congregation was located. In 1924 the congregation acquired a house just outside Neuf-Brisach, called "Bethel," which was equipped as a meetinghouse.
Sommer, Pierre. "Assemble de Neuf-Brisach." Christ Seul (October 1932): 6 f.
|Author(s)||Nanne van der Zijpp|
Cite This Article
van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Neuf-Brisach (Alsace, France)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuf-Brisach_(Alsace,_France)&oldid=76174.
van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1957). Neuf-Brisach (Alsace, France). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuf-Brisach_(Alsace,_France)&oldid=76174.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.