Revision as of 14:13, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search
The Neubergthal Rudnerweide Church, ca. 1944 Source: Search for Renewal, p. 69
The Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite congregation began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944. Jacob H. Friesen and Wilhelm H. Falk are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church.

In 1950 there were 53 members. The congregation dissolved in 1969. It had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship was German and English; the transition from German occurred in 1965-69.

The last ministerial leaders were J. H. Friesen, Edwin Klippenstein, and Peter Schmidt.

The congregation was located five miles southeast of Altona, Manitoba.


Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: the Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1937-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.

Author(s) H. H. Hamm
Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989

Cite This Article

MLA style

Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 24 Jun 2017.,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=93049.

APA style

Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 June 2017, from,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=93049.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 845. All rights reserved.

©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.