Neu-Schönwiese (Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Neu-Schönwiese (Russian, Dmitrovka) was a Mennonite settlement near Alexandrovka in Ukraine. In the church organization it was a subsidiary of the Schönwiese Mennonite Church, and was founded in 1868. The land, 3,788 acres, was bought from Russian estate owners, and was of such quality that the settlement soon achieved prosperity. But here too the civil war of 1918 had a devastating effect.

On 15 November 1918 the inhabitants fled to Schönwiese, but returned in 1919. They suffered the loss of all their property.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 219.


Author(s) David H Epp
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, David H. "Neu-Schönwiese (Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neu-Sch%C3%B6nwiese_(Dnipropetrovsk_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=144475.

APA style

Epp, David H. (1957). Neu-Schönwiese (Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neu-Sch%C3%B6nwiese_(Dnipropetrovsk_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=144475.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 857. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.