From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Nebraska Conference of the United Missionary Church was organized in 1896 as the third conference of the church. It at first included all the territory west of Indiana, but the Pacific (Washington) Conference was organized from this conference in 1906. In 1955 the conference had 774 baptized members, with 16 ordained ministers and 8 probationers in 20 congregations, and one district superintendent, for an area roughly 2,500 by 900 miles. Congregations were located as follows by states: Nebraska, seven; Iowa, four; South Dakota, three; California, two; Kansas, one; Colorado, one; and Oklahoma, one.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Nebraska Conference of the United Missionary Church." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nebraska_Conference_of_the_United_Missionary_Church&oldid=83608.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Nebraska Conference of the United Missionary Church. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nebraska_Conference_of_the_United_Missionary_Church&oldid=83608.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 817. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.