From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Naubinway Christian Fellowship (formerly Naubinway Mennonite Church) (Mennonite Church USA) is located at the northern tip of Lake Michigan in the Upper Peninsula on Main Street in Naubinway. The congregation was originally sponsored by the [[Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Indiana-Michigan District Mission Board]]. Work was begun there in 1943 by Clarence Troyer from a neighboring mission station. In 1946 Ora C. Wyse and family came from Midland, [[Michigan (State)|Michigan]], to carry on the work. In 1947 an old Presbyterian church was bought, remodelled, and repaired with the help of a service unit and others. The membership in 1956 was 12, with O. C. Wyse as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 21.  
+
The Naubinway Christian Fellowship (formerly Naubinway Mennonite Church) (Mennonite Church USA) is located at the northern tip of Lake Michigan in the Upper Peninsula on Main Street in Naubinway. The congregation was originally sponsored by the [[Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Indiana-Michigan District Mission Board]]. Work was begun there in 1943 by Clarence Troyer from a neighboring mission station. In 1946 Ora C. Wyse and family came from Midland, [[Michigan (State)|Michigan]], to carry on the work. In 1947 an old Presbyterian church was bought, remodelled, and repaired with the help of a service unit and others. The membership in 1956 was 12, with O. C. Wyse as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 21.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 814|date=1957|a1_last=Wyse|a1_first=Ora C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 814|date=1957|a1_last=Wyse|a1_first=Ora C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:51, 20 August 2013

The Naubinway Christian Fellowship (formerly Naubinway Mennonite Church) (Mennonite Church USA) is located at the northern tip of Lake Michigan in the Upper Peninsula on Main Street in Naubinway. The congregation was originally sponsored by the Indiana-Michigan District Mission Board. Work was begun there in 1943 by Clarence Troyer from a neighboring mission station. In 1946 Ora C. Wyse and family came from Midland, Michigan, to carry on the work. In 1947 an old Presbyterian church was bought, remodelled, and repaired with the help of a service unit and others. The membership in 1956 was 12, with O. C. Wyse as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 21.


Author(s) Ora C Wyse
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wyse, Ora C. "Naubinway Christian Fellowship (Naubinway, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Naubinway_Christian_Fellowship_(Naubinway,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=76107.

APA style

Wyse, Ora C. (1957). Naubinway Christian Fellowship (Naubinway, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Naubinway_Christian_Fellowship_(Naubinway,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=76107.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 814. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.