From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Napier Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located three miles (five km) east of Schellsburg, PA, a member of the Eastern District Conference, was organized 22 June 1913, with Herman Snyder as the first pastor. The church originated as a home mission project and became a self-supporting church in May 1955. The membership in 1956 was 86. Leon Detweiler served as pastor for a number of years. Other pastors were Jacob Snyder, Stephen Yoder, Adam Wolfe, Jacob Yoder, Andrew R. Shelly, Willard Claassen, George Gregor, Walter M. Wolfe. Donald Janis was serving as interim pastor in 1956.


Author(s) Paul R Shelly
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Shelly, Paul R. "Napier Mennonite Church (Schellsburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Napier_Mennonite_Church_(Schellsburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76091.

APA style

Shelly, Paul R. (1957). Napier Mennonite Church (Schellsburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Napier_Mennonite_Church_(Schellsburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76091.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 812. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.