From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Nampa Mennonite Children's Home got started in the fall of 1939 when the city welfare representative asked the Mennonite Church (MC) of Nampa, Idaho to provide a home for a family of five girls. A member of the congregation agreed to furnish living quarters if the congregation would help support the project. This they agreed to do. This group of five children formed the nucleus from which the children's home grew, until at one time there were 19 children. In the winter of 1947 the Pacific Coast Conference Mission Board assumed responsibility for the home. It was discontinued in 1950.


Author(s) Robert E Garber
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Garber, Robert E. "Nampa Mennonite Children's Home (Nampa, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nampa_Mennonite_Children%27s_Home_(Nampa,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=76087.

APA style

Garber, Robert E. (1957). Nampa Mennonite Children's Home (Nampa, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nampa_Mennonite_Children%27s_Home_(Nampa,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=76087.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 811. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.