From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:59, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Munson Mennonite congregation in Alberta began services about 1927. John Siemens and Herman Warkentine are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. Lay leader Henry Klassen served in the 1950s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved about 1956. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.

The congregation gradually declined as members moved to such places as Didsbury and Drumheller.

Bibliography

Dick, C. L. The Mennonite Conference of Alberta: a History of its Churches and Institutions. Edmonton: The Mennonite Conference of Alberta, 1981.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Munson Mennonite Church (Munson, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Munson_Mennonite_Church_(Munson,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=90304.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Munson Mennonite Church (Munson, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Munson_Mennonite_Church_(Munson,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=90304.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.