From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:12, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mountain View Mennonite Church, 55 Love Rd., Lyndhurst Virginia (Mennonite Church USA), was the first mission church of the Southern District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. It is located on the Back Creek, near Lyndhurst, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the South River District of Augusta County. The church was built in 1900 and rebuilt in 1953. The early sponsors were Anthony P. Heatwole, Erasmus Shank, and Martin Brunk. Two local ministers, B. Frank Hatter and Silas Brydge, were ordained in the 1940s. In 1957 the membership was 59, with B. Frank Hatter as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 146; Earl B. Monroe was the pastor.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Lyndhurst,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=92962.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Lyndhurst,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=92962.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 763. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.