From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mountain View Mennonite Church, 55 Love Rd., Lyndhurst Virginia (Mennonite Church USA), was the first mission church of the Southern District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. It is located on the Back Creek, near Lyndhurst, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the South River District of Augusta County. The church was built in 1900 and rebuilt in 1953. The early sponsors were Anthony P. Heatwole, Erasmus Shank, and Martin Brunk. Two local ministers, B. Frank Hatter and Silas Brydge, were ordained in the 1940s. In 1957 the membership was 59, with B. Frank Hatter as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 146; Earl B. Monroe was the pastor.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Lyndhurst,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=92962.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Lyndhurst,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=92962.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 763. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.