From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mountain View Mennonite Church, 5252 W NC 10 Hwy, Hickory, North Carolina (Mennonite Church USA) was built in the mid-1950s in west-central North Carolina, seven miles south (12 km) of Hickory. Clayton Gotshall and family of the Franconia Mennonite Conference in Pennsylvania, while doing some follow-up work, located a former Mennonite family here. Work was begun among the local people. Services were first held in a dwelling house. Truman Brunk of the Southeastern District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference had bishop oversight of this work. In 2005 the congregation had 87 members; B. Charles Hostetter, Jr. was the pastor.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mountain View Mennonite Church (Hickory, North Carolina, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Hickory,_North_Carolina,_USA)&oldid=90239.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mountain View Mennonite Church (Hickory, North Carolina, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Hickory,_North_Carolina,_USA)&oldid=90239.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 763. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.