From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mountain View Mennonite Church, 5252 W NC 10 Hwy, Hickory, North Carolina (Mennonite Church USA) was built in the mid-1950s in west-central North Carolina, seven miles south (12 km) of Hickory. Clayton Gotshall and family of the Franconia Mennonite Conference in Pennsylvania, while doing some follow-up work, located a former Mennonite family here. Work was begun among the local people. Services were first held in a dwelling house. Truman Brunk of the Southeastern District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference had bishop oversight of this work. In 2005 the congregation had 87 members; B. Charles Hostetter, Jr. was the pastor.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mountain View Mennonite Church (Hickory, North Carolina, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Hickory,_North_Carolina,_USA)&oldid=90239.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mountain View Mennonite Church (Hickory, North Carolina, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_View_Mennonite_Church_(Hickory,_North_Carolina,_USA)&oldid=90239.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 763. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.