From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:59, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 1 Lighthouse Dr., Kirkwood, Pennsylvania, was begun by the Strasburg congregation as an outpost located in a frame meetinghouse close to the Octoraro Creek in Chester County, Pennsylvania. On 24 June 1948 J. Lloyd Kreider was ordained pastor. The meetinghouse was greatly enlarged and the grounds renovated in 1956. The membership in 1956 was 39; in 2006, 210. In 2006 the pastor was Gary L. Roberts. The congregation is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 2 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Vernon_Mennonite_Church_(MC),_PA&oldid=90219.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Vernon_Mennonite_Church_(MC),_PA&oldid=90219.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 760. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.