From GAMEO
Revision as of 02:19, 5 April 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (MC), now extinct, was located two miles (3 km) west of Mount Sidney in the North River District, Augusta County, Virginia. The church was built in 1870. The congregation probably reached its height in the 1890s. Appointments were filled by Southern and Middle District ministers of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. The Mennonites moved farther south or left the state. Services discontinued here about 1940. The meetinghouse was sold in 1954. Isaac Grove (1820-1899) and Jacob Harshbarger (1855-1906) were the early local ministers.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Mount Sidney, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Oct 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Pleasant_Mennonite_Church_(Mount_Sidney,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117344.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Mount Sidney, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Pleasant_Mennonite_Church_(Mount_Sidney,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117344.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 760. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.