From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added categories.)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (MC), now extinct, was located two miles (3 km) west of Mount Sidney in the North River District, [[Augusta County (Virginia, USA)|Augusta County]], [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]]. The church was built in 1870. The congregation probably reached its height in the 1890s. Appointments were filled by Southern and Middle District ministers of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]]. The Mennonites moved farther south or left the state. Services discontinued here about 1940. The meetinghouse was sold in 1954. Isaac Grove (1820-1899) and Jacob Harshbarger (1855-1906) were the early local ministers.
 
Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (MC), now extinct, was located two miles (3 km) west of Mount Sidney in the North River District, [[Augusta County (Virginia, USA)|Augusta County]], [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]]. The church was built in 1870. The congregation probably reached its height in the 1890s. Appointments were filled by Southern and Middle District ministers of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]]. The Mennonites moved farther south or left the state. Services discontinued here about 1940. The meetinghouse was sold in 1954. Isaac Grove (1820-1899) and Jacob Harshbarger (1855-1906) were the early local ministers.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 760|date=1957|a1_last=Brunk|a1_first=Harry A|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 760|date=1957|a1_last=Brunk|a1_first=Harry A|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Virginia Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Virginia Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 02:19, 5 April 2014

Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (MC), now extinct, was located two miles (3 km) west of Mount Sidney in the North River District, Augusta County, Virginia. The church was built in 1870. The congregation probably reached its height in the 1890s. Appointments were filled by Southern and Middle District ministers of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. The Mennonites moved farther south or left the state. Services discontinued here about 1940. The meetinghouse was sold in 1954. Isaac Grove (1820-1899) and Jacob Harshbarger (1855-1906) were the early local ministers.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Mount Sidney, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Pleasant_Mennonite_Church_(Mount_Sidney,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117344.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Mount Sidney, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Pleasant_Mennonite_Church_(Mount_Sidney,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117344.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 760. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.