From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mount Olivet Mennonite Church, located at 638 Lincoln Ave. SW, Huron, SD, was organized on 17 July 1945, under the Evangelization Board of the Northern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church) with 17 charter members. On 12 May 1946 this congregation joined the General Conference. In 1956 the church had a membership of 85, and was building a new church and parsonage. Four ministers had served the church to 1957 in the following order: Jacob A. Friesen, Alfred Regier, B. J. Nickel, and Vernon Buller.

In the 1990s Mount Olivet withdrew from the conference and continued as an independent Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Vernon H Buller
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Buller, Vernon H. "Mount Olivet Mennonite Church (Huron, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Olivet_Mennonite_Church_(Huron,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=90207.

APA style

Buller, Vernon H. (1957). Mount Olivet Mennonite Church (Huron, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Olivet_Mennonite_Church_(Huron,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=90207.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 759. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.