From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The congregation began services about 1936, and formally organized on July 8, 1945. The first building was occupied in 1945. A. J. Reist is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization or rural Alberta. The first settlers were Mervin R. Stanton, John C. Harder, Earl Buschert and their families. Sunday school was held in the Westward Ho school as an outreach from the West Zion Mennonite Church at Carstairs.

Prior to official organization in 1945, the work was known as Westward Ho Mennonite.

In 1950 there were 29 members; in 1965, 19. The congregation dissolved in 1965. It had been affiliated with the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference and the Mennonite Church. The language of worship was English.

Westward Ho, AB. Abraham Reist served in 1965 as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

Stauffer, Ezra. History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference. 1960: 9.


Author(s) Ezra Stauffer
Marlene Epp
Date Published July 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Stauffer, Ezra and Marlene Epp. "Mount Calvary Mennonite Church (Westward Ho, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 1986. Web. 16 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Calvary_Mennonite_Church_(Westward_Ho,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=90229.

APA style

Stauffer, Ezra and Marlene Epp. (July 1986). Mount Calvary Mennonite Church (Westward Ho, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Calvary_Mennonite_Church_(Westward_Ho,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=90229.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.