Morris Run Mennonite Church (MC) is located near Blossburg, Tioga County, Pennsylvania. The start of the work here was occasioned by a Mennonite hunting camp in Fall Brook. Mennonites often attended the Primitive Baptist Church in this rural town when in the community over Sunday, frequently bringing Mennonite preachers with them. At Wheelerville, near by, Grant Noll and others conducted a prosperous summer Bible school for a decade. Upon invitation the Itinerant Evangelism Committee of the Lancaster Conference started a work in the Primitive Baptist Meetinghouse in Fall Brook in 1954. Melvin L. Kauffman was licensed for the work, finally moving into the area and on 19 January 1958, was ordained as pastor. The membership in the late 1950s was 15.
The congregation changed its name to Calvary Mennonite Fellowship in February 1995.
 Additional Information
Address: 1133 Morris Run Rd., Morris Run, PA 16939-0025
Physical Location: Front Street, Morris Run, Pa.
Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference
|Author(s)||Ira D. Landis|
|Date Published||June 2014|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. "Calvary Mennonite Fellowship (Morris Run, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2014. Web. 25 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Morris_Run,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122949.
Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. (June 2014). Calvary Mennonite Fellowship (Morris Run, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Morris_Run,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122949.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.