The Morris Mennonite Church began services in 1947, and formally organized in 1950. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1963. The congregation originated through outreach by the Bergthaler Mennonite church. The congregation became independent of the Bergthaler church in 1970 and joined the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren in 1972.
In 1965 there were 42 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (1972-1987) and the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (1987-). The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1950s.
David Smith began service in 1996 as pastor. The congregation began an elder governance system in 2001; John L. Voth was the first elder chair.
The church is located at 159 Ottawa West. It's address is Box 544, Morris, MB, R0G 1K0. 204-746-2508.
Canadian Mennonite (14 June 1963): 2.
Gerbrandt, H. J. Adventure in Faith. Altona, MB: Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Manitoba, 1970.
|Date Published||September 1986|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Morris Mennonite Church (Morris, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 31 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Morris_Mennonite_Church_(Morris,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=90169.
Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Morris Mennonite Church (Morris, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Morris_Mennonite_Church_(Morris,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=90169.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.