Revision as of 19:25, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Moorepark Mennonite Church (MC) was established as an outpost of the Middlebury, Indiana, congregation (MC) in 1947. In 1955 the congregation became independent. The meetinghouse was purchased from a former Reformed congregation. At first the preaching was done by Wilbur Yoder, pastor of the sponsoring congregation, but in 1948 Etril Leinbach was ordained preacher; eight years later he became bishop. In 1958 the membership was 63, with Leinbach serving as pastor.

Additional Information

Address: 55701 Wilbur Road, Three Rivers MI 49093

Phone: 269-279-2719

Author(s) J. C Wenger
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, J. C. "Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 8 Oct 2015.,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=83570.

APA style

Wenger, J. C. (1959). Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 8 October 2015, from,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=83570.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1110. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.