From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Missionary Sewing Circle Letter, the monthly organ of the Women's Missionary and Sewing Circle work of the Mennonite Church (MC), at first 4 pages, 5x7 in., later usually 8 pages, called M.S.C. Monthly beginning in August 1944. It was published by the General Sewing Circle Committee of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities, a committee appointed by the Board, until March 1948, when a new name was given to the committee, Women's Missionary Sewing Circle Organization of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities. In January 1952 the format was enlarged to 6 x 9 in., still 8 pages, and remained so to 1957. In October 1954 the title was changed to Women's Missionary and Service Monthly to correspond to the change of the organizational name to Women's Missionary and Service Auxiliary of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Missionary Sewing Circle Letter (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Missionary_Sewing_Circle_Letter_(Periodical)&oldid=123126.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Missionary Sewing Circle Letter (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Missionary_Sewing_Circle_Letter_(Periodical)&oldid=123126.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 711. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.