From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:11, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Mission Mennonite Francaise (MMF) was the legal holding corporation in France for the mission work of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (MBMC) , organized 19 September 1954, in cooperation with the French Mennonites. The original officers were Pierre Widmer chairman, Rene Kennel secretary, Max Schowalter treasurer. MMF was a subsidiary to the European Mission Council of the MBMC, which was created by the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities on 1 September 1953 to plan and make recommendations for its mission work among the French-speaking peoples of Europe, particularly France and Belgium. In 1956 the members of European Mission Council were David Shank chairman, Pierre Widmer executive secretary, Orley Swartzentruber, Jules Lambotte, Rene Kennel, Max Schowalter, Robert Winner, and John H. Yoder. The MMF fields of service in 1957 were the work carried on by the Orley Swartzentrubers in Paris, and the PAX unit at Orleansville, Algiers.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Mission Mennonite Francaise (France)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Mennonite_Francaise_(France)&oldid=92873.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mission Mennonite Francaise (France). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Mennonite_Francaise_(France)&oldid=92873.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 709. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.