From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mission Home for the Aged, located in Hillsboro, Kansas, one block north of the Salem Hospital and Salem Home for the Aged, was operated by the same board as the Salem Home. It was opened in 1920 as the Bethesda Sanitarium under the direction of Dr. and Mrs. J. V. Wiebe. After Dr. Wiebe's death it continued as the Mission Home for the Aged under the supervision of Miss Marie Schmidt and others until taken over by the Salem Home for the Aged Board, which was made up of representatives of the several Mennonite churches in Hillsboro and community. Each Home had its own matron and nurses. In 1957 the occupants of the Mission Home were transferred to the remodeled former Salem Hospital and Home and the activities of the Mission Home as a separate institution terminated. The enlarged institution now operates under the name Salem Home.


Author(s) David V Wiebe
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, David V. "Mission Home for the Aged (Hillsboro, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Home_for_the_Aged_(Hillsboro,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=90040.

APA style

Wiebe, David V. (1957). Mission Home for the Aged (Hillsboro, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Home_for_the_Aged_(Hillsboro,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=90040.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 709. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.