From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Milverton District Amish in Ontario began services in 1891. The Amish meet in homes. The congregation originated through division from the Wellesley-Mornington Amish due to travel distance and increasing numbers in the community. The district is located west of the Poole to Millbank hardtop road.

Bishop Reuben Streicher served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 1965 there were 60 members; in 1975, 58. The congregation has been affiliated with the Old Order Amish. The language of worship is German.

[edit] Bibliography

The New American Almanac (1996, 2001).


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Milverton Southwest District Amish (Milverton, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milverton_Southwest_District_Amish_(Milverton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=90001.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Milverton Southwest District Amish (Milverton, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milverton_Southwest_District_Amish_(Milverton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=90001.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.