From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:58, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Milverton Southeast District Amish began services in 1955. The group meets in homes. The congregation originated through division from Wellesley Amish Mennonite due to travel distance and increasing congregational size.

In 1965 there were 70 members; in 1975, 85. The congregation has been affiliated with the Old Order Amish. The language of worship is German.

The District is located east of the Poole to Millbank road. Bishop Menno Streicher served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader.

Bibliography

The New American Almanac (1996, 2001).


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Milverton Southeast District Amish (Milverton, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milverton_Southeast_District_Amish_(Milverton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=90008.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Milverton Southeast District Amish (Milverton, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milverton_Southeast_District_Amish_(Milverton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=90008.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.